Colorado has become a go-to destination for a lot of Americans. There are a lot of appealing factors to Colorado, and one of those is beer. In recent years Colorado has become somewhat of the Napa Valley of Beer. Breweries in Colorado are a major hotspot. If you are going to be in the Idaho Springs area, here are the breweries near Idaho Springs that you should visit.
Tommyknocker Brewery & Pub
Tommyknocker is an Idaho Springs staple. The brewery has been crafting up tasty libations since 1994 using pure Rocky Mountain snow melt, the finest malted barley, high quality hops and exclusive strains of yeast. The best news is that if you find yourself craving on of their brews after your Colorado trip, you can now find their beer in 10 states.
Westbound & Down Brewery
Westbound & Down Brewery started their brew quest in Idaho Springs back in 2015. Known for their original craft beers, food and atmosphere, Westbound and Down is a great spot to grab a beer and a bite with friends.
The great thing about Idaho Springs is its close proximity to Denver. You are always an hour or less to Denver and its surrounding areas. Here are some of the great breweries in Denver to visit:
- Fiction Beer Company – 7101 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80220
- Ratio Beerworks – 2920 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205
- 10 Barrel Brewing Company Denver – 2620 Walnut St, Denver, CO 80205
- Briar Common Brewery + Eatery – 2298 Clay St, Denver, CO 80211
- Bruz Beers – 1675 W 67th Ave #100, Denver, CO 80221
- Bierstadt Lagerhaus – 2875 Blake St, Denver, CO 80205
- Holidaily Brewing Company – 801 Brickyard Cir #B, Golden, CO 80403
- Great Divide Brewing Co – 2201 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO 80205
Each have a great selection of beers including IPA’s, Pale Ales, Porters and Stouts. Most of these locations carry a good amount of their beers on tap and have that great tapped flavor. Most beers are brewed in house and also offer tours of their brewery and or process. Some companies even offer bottling parties so get out there and drink some beer!