24 hours in the summer adventure capital of Colorado does not seem like enough, but if that is all you have then we will show you how to make the most of 1 day in Buena Vista, Colorado.
12:00 pm: Hiking
Embark on one of the hundreds of hikes in Buena Vista. Here is the recommendation for each level:
- Barbara Whipple Trail Loop: 3.3 mile trail that offers scenic views and is rated as easy to moderate. The trail-head is right in town, so you don’t have to go out of your way to embark on this awesome hike.
- Harvard Lakes Trail: 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Buena Vista, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate.
- Huron Peak: 7 mile out and back trail that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult.
3:00 – 5:00 pm: Eating
Depending on how long your hike takes you, it is probably time to grab a bite to eat. No matter what you are in the mood for, Buena Vista has a restaurant for you.
- Simple Eatery: Amazing bread, salads and sandwiches can be found here. It is also connected to an awesome shop called Trailhead which is a great place for shopping after dinner.
- Buena Viking: Stop here is you are looking for one of the best burgers you have ever had. Expect a line and to shell out a few more dollars then you might expect on a burger, but I can promise you it will be worth it after your hike.
- House Rock Kitchen: Looking or a place with a menu that is sure to have something for everyone? This is your spot and you can also relax knowing that they cook with fresh ingredients.
5:00 – 6:00 pm: Shopping
Even if you don’t like shopping, I highly recommend strolling through downtown and peaking your head in some of the awesome book stores, gear shops and more.
7:00 pm: Twilight Zipline Adventure
Yep you heard that right, you can go on a fun evening zipline tour. Don’t worry, we will provide the headlight.
- The most incredible way to see the Arkansas River valley – from clifftop and treetop on our 44-acre private Zipline course at our Granite Outpost north of Buena Vista, CO.
- Six lines take you over 3,500 total feet of zooming cable flying!
- Finish off your adventure with our 900-foot dual race line that will leave you breathless and smiling from ear to ear!
- Your heart will pound as you leap from our platforms built into natural features such as rock cliffs and towering old-growth pine trees.
- Overlooking the 14,000 foot Collegiate Peaks mountain range, this course provides a big dose of mountain fun.
10:00 pm: Sleeping
There are plenty of lodging options for you to get some rest before your next 4 hours of adventure to make sure you make the most of your 24 hours.
- Camping: We’ve got campsites not far from the zipline course, so this is the perfect place to crash for an authentic Buena Vista experience.
- Cabins: If you would rather have a roof over your head, but not looking for anything to fancy, we have cabins on-site as well. They sleep 4-people each and are perfect for glamping.
- Lodging: Looking for something a little more upscale? I have the perfect place for you to stay. It is called the Surf Hotel and it is right on the Arkansas River with beautiful views and beautiful rooms.
8:30 am: Rafting
The morning is the best time to go rafting because you are less likely to get caught in an afternoon storm in Colorado and the river is less crowded. We have plenty of rafting options for you!
- Browns Canyon: Awesome family trip that has class III rapids and great for anyone 7+. Raft through the Browns Canyon National Monument for unbeatable views.
- The Numbers: Class IV rafting trip that will have you paddling hard and enjoying a fun splashy trip. This trip is great for anyone 15+
- Pine Creek: Class V rafting trip that is not for the faint of heart. You will be cruising through whitewater on this difficult stretch.
12:00 pm: The end of your 24 hour adventure!
You will be done rafting by noon, and officially have had the best 24 hours you could have asked for in Buena Vista, Colorado. If you have more time, there is plenty more adventure to be had from via ferrata, horseback riding, biking and more!
There is no better place to visit if you are looking for adventure!